The exhibition “Treasures of the Pokrovsky Cathedral” is represented in the former sacristy of the cathedral. In the late 18th century the lower part of the church of St. Theodosia virgin (attached to the cathedral in the 17th century) was adapted to the depository.
A source of pride of the Pokrovsky Cathedral’ sacristy is a set for the holy communion which is a donation to the Cathedral made in 1638 by Tsar Mikhail Fedorovich.
In the Cathedral’ sacristy there are priestly vestments, shrouds made of expensive fabrics and decorated with gold and silver embroidery, icons in precious mountings, church utensils. Of special interest are the icons dated to the 16th century and originated from the iconostasis of the Cathedral’s church dedicated to Holy Virgin.